HCA, Hospital Corporation of America New Graduate Residency (StaRN) Program in Augusta, Georgia
Are you a New Graduate Nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career, and your future?
We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several other perks to make your benefits package customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for ambitious New Graduate RNs to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We invite new nursing school graduates to apply for our StarRN New Graduate Program!
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses = STARN
This is a 10-14 week PAID program startingMonday: July 19, 2021 featuring didactic and clinical training, as well as a 1:1 Preceptorship. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program, then transition to staff roles at the facility. Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5 to 7 Weeks * Instructor-led classroom training * Paid training – all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates * State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs * Self-directed / on-line learning * Several Certifications obtained * Meditech Training and Validation * Schedule: typically Monday-Friday, 40 hour work week (8hr days) Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 5 to 7 Weeks
- Conducted at the hospital
- Paid training – all externally hired nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates during preceptorship (union facilities may differ)
- You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
Schedule: 3 – 12 Hour shifts on the unit that selected you
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year
Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Nurse Residents continue monthly professional development through routine interactions with a mentor
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend 1 year graduation StaRN Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital.
Opportunities are available across the system in a variety of units, with the vast majority being in Medical/Surgical/Telemetry units. While we understand that you may be interested in a specific unit, however we cannot always guarantee that request. We appreciate your flexibility in this, and hope that you understand that this is just the first step in long and rewarding nursing career, in which you will have many opportunities.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing School - within past 1 year is preferred; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- An active State of Florida Registered Nurse (RN) license to start the program
- No current or prior experience working as an acute care hospital RN
- Flexibility to work day or night shift (unit needs vary)
- Attendance is imperative and 100% mandatory throughout the initial StaRN Training Program
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350 bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health Surgery.At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As anACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare,the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta,has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our StaRN Residency Program. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: New Graduate Residency (StaRN) Program
Location: Georgia-Augusta-Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta
Requisition ID: 01417-071921