Veritas Veritas Verified Services Tech Support Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
Veritas Customer Success is responsible for ensuring that Veritas’ customers are successfully exceeding the value of their investment in Veritas solutions and coordinating the company focus on the end-to-end customer relationship. Customer Success includes customer support and care, professional and business critical services, and renewal sales.
Provide advanced technical phone support to customers using NetBackup and Veritas Appliances. Your typical customer may be a senior systems administrator, consultant, or DBA working forfederal agencies other customers after standard business hours. Shifts may include early evenings, nights and/or early morning hours covering weekdays and weekends.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Resolve very complex or previously unknown problems requiring high level technical expertise and business acumen
- Recreate customer environments and problems to aid in troubleshooting/case resolution
- Function as the Technical Support liaison with Veritas Engineering
- Consult with management in directing resolution of critical customer situations
- Collaborate with Veritas Partners and vendors to resolve multi-vendor issues
- Document resolutions in accordance with Knowledge Management practices
- Author/Edit TechNotes and TechAlerts
- Continuous development of industry, technology, business and leadership skills
- Provide Probable Cause Analysis (PCA); ensures information is captured for Knowledge repository
- Determine and communicate recommendations on Support readiness for new products and features
- Participates in pre-release product analysis and beta programs
- Provide feedback to improve product quality/functionality
- May require travel to international/domestic sites
- Consults with Support management on continuous process improvement and process re-engineering
- Participates in process planning and makes recommendations for improvements
- Represent Technical Support at company and customer events such as Vision, Cutting Edge, user forums, partner visits
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced NetBackup administration and troubleshooting experience.
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent experience or related major with course work in Structured Programming (C or C++ and/or Java)
- Systems Administration expertise on Windows or one of the following Operating Systems (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux)
- Network communication, performance and administration
- System I/O and performance
- Scripting expertise
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Relational Database Management (Oracle, Sybase, Informix)
- SCSI hardware (tape drives, libraries, storage subsystems) configuration experience
- Storage Area Network (SAN) experience
- Possesses world-class problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrates role-model level customer service/support skills
- Demonstrated skills at working within a team environment
- Possesses superior listening skills
- Ability to adapt behavior and approach depending on audience
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Can direct own learning activities and professional development strategy
- Ability to establish technical credibility with customers, peers and Engineers
- Can create and write complex procedures
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large, long-timeframe projects
- Stays current on industry developments and market trends
- Able to maintain a positive attitude throughout the support process
- Takes a calm and mature approach to dealing with difficult problems and people
- Strong troubleshooting, follow through, interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- US citizenship required due to Federal agencies requirements
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline is desired
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .
- Veritas Jobs