Newell Brands Sr. Sourcing Analyst, Writing in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Title: Senior Global Sourcing Analyst– Writing Segment
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports To : Sourcing Manager
The Senior Sourcing Analyst will lead category strategy for the chemical category of the writing business segment. This includes inks, chemicals, and ingredients for use in Sharpie, Expo, and Prismacolor product manufacturing. They will report to the sourcing manager of the broader writing system category—supporting in negotiations, analysis, and project execution with the primary goal of driving productivity. They will be responsible for execution of their own projects and taking initiative to solve problems with independence. They will collaboratively work with the extended sourcing organization and cross-functional teams toward these goals, including support for new product development and manufacturing operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the category manger in development and execution of sourcing strategies for designated commodities or product platforms that encompass the following (including leading these activities with chemical category suppliers):
o Productivity – Develop productivity pipeline to deliver 3% gross productivity annually
o Working capital improvements: payment terms extensions, lead time & inventory reductions
• Responsible for supporting the category manager on commercial activities, including leading these activities with chemical category suppliers:
o Contract Management
o Product / Part Qualification
o Quotation preparation and negotiation activities
o Regulatory Compliance
• Participative and integral member in new product development teams serving as category sourcing support for NPD initiatives
• Assist in the supplier identification, quoting process, negotiations and supplier selection on NPD projects for chemical category suppliers.
• Identify, resolve, or escalates supply risks with a sense of urgency to ensure business requirements are met.
• Effectively communicate project updates, recommendations, and sourcing strategies on a frequent basis to NPD teams and senior leadership.
• Vendor and part data management within SAP
• Supplier and commodity spend management and productivity tracking
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to travel (Less than 15% expected)
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and self-direct work
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and project leadership skills
• Ability manage multiple projects to completion
• Negotiation experience and strong communication skills externally with suppliers
• 2-4 years of experience in sourcing, supply chain, operations, or related business fields
• Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience is required
• Experience sourcing from a global supply base (preferred)
• Previous experience with consumer products company (preferred)
• SAP experience (preferred)
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs