Microsoft Corporation Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Visual Studio in Atlanta, Georgia
Are you passionate about developers: helping them be innovative, and helping their organizations deliver value? Are you excited about building inclusive communities of fans, impacting tens of millions of users, and helping shape the future of Microsoft products and services?
As the Product Marketing Manager for Visual Studio, you will drive the core messaging and storytelling for one of most popular development tools in the world, create and implement plans to grow its user base and connect them to our platforms and services, as well as manage the business of our paid developer subscriptions. This role is responsible for positioning and messaging, marketing content for both developers and decision makers, go-to-market activities, and managing key revenue, cost, and satisfaction metrics for the paid subscriptions business. Think of it as part CMO and part COO.
The developer cloud marketing team is a tight-knit group who are passionate about the opportunities for developers to create new solutions with Microsoft tools and platforms. We work closely with product engineering teams, our global field, and the developer community at large. We feel strongly about putting our customers first, knowing our products, and guiding ourselves with data. If that sounds like the right environment for you, then please join us!
• Be the subject matter expert for Visual Studio and Visual Studio for Mac, creating core messaging, marketing, and technical content for developers to use these products, and for decision makers to convey the value of Visual Studio subscriptions.
• Maintain key performance indicators for the Visual Studio subscriptions business, including revenue, cost, adoption, and satisfaction.
• Identify scenarios for Visual Studio business growth, and drive go-to-market motions to grow those audiences.
• Manage key marketing channels for the Visual Studio family of products, like visualstudio.com.
• Lead a team of stakeholders to transform the Visual Studio subscriptions business toward cloud-connected services and benefits that are compelling for all developers.
• 4+ years of experience in technical product marketing, product management, evangelism, or equivalent experience.
• Proven leadership of brand development or worldwide integrated marketing campaigns.
• A strong understanding both of what developers want, and what IT-decision makers value.
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams comprised of engineering groups, business analysts, creative partners, and sales professionals.
• Impeccable project management skills and a high degree of comfort in managing multiple projects.
• Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills.
• Results-driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented leader with experience managing others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs