Westat Health Communication Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
Health Communication Specialist
GA - Atlanta
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat has an immediate opening for a dynamic, creative, solution-oriented Project Director to oversee a multi-faceted public health communications and outreach program. We are seeking a highly experienced professional with the ability to inspire a team and engage diverse stakeholders to deliver evidence-based prevention messages. The successful candidate will have expertise in project management, communication planning, and print and multimedia materials development, partnerships, and outreach using social media platforms and paid, earned, owned, and shared web properties. Public health experience is essential.
• Establish and execute communications and marketing efforts, inspire teams, and provide oversight of project tasks.
• Develop and deliver strategic communication plans and lead project teams to accomplish plan objectives.
• Lead creative teams in developing accurate, compelling, audience-appropriate content for print and electronic health marketing materials on a range of public health topics, including surveillance, epidemiology, and workforce development.
• Identify and engage partners (local, state, and Federal agencies; individuals; and organizations) to support public health campaigns and health marketing initiatives.
• Direct and conduct social media monitoring activities, including analysis and reporting.
• Provide operational support, overseeing and monitoring project costs as well as contract financial performance.
• Manage client relationships, delivering strategic counsel and troubleshooting project-related issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree in public health, communications or related field.
• 10+ years of experience, including experience overseeing planning and assistance to clients in public health communications.
• Master’s degree in public health or related field.
Candidates must be familiar with best practices in integrated marketing communications, digital marketing, and partnerships with demonstrated ability to lead these tasks. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to make sound judgments and effectively motivate and manage teams is essential.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Travel Accident Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Research - Health Studies
- Westat Jobs