Toyota Customer Service Team Member in Atlanta, Georgia
Title: Customer Service Team Member Location: US-GA-Atlanta-Alpharetta Other Locations:
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
Who we're looking for
Toyota’s Eastern Customer Service Center Department is looking for passionate and highly motivated Customer Service Team Members.
The primary responsibility of this role is to respond to inbound communications from customers, dealers, and financial institutions promptly and in a professional and service-oriented manner. This role requires the ability to work evening hours during the week as well as being available between the hours of 8am-8pm.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager the person in this role will support the Eastern Customer Service Center department's objective to respond to inbound communications from customers, dealers, and financial institutions promptly and in a professional and service-oriented manner.
What you'll be doing
• Provide accurate payment-related information and processes phone payments and website inquiries in a timely manner.
• Retrieve pay-off information from the system, clearly communicate to the caller the amount and the steps required to complete the transactions, and document information in the system in accordance with established procedures.
• Review customer history and, where appropriate and based on established policies and procedures, waive late charges, grants and processes retail extensions, including processing due date changes, and grants and processes reasonable lease deferrals and makes payment arrangements within the limits of established guidelines.
• Work with other departments to resolve customer account issues including lockbox investigation of misapplied customer payments, title issues, insurance, collections, end of lease processing, etc.
• Document all activities in a clear and concise manner utilizing the appropriate systems and in accordance with established procedures. Initiates appropriate forms to fulfill customer requests.
• Research unique customer requests using internal manuals, policies, and guidelines, and promptly reports/refers more complex, non-routine issues to Customer Service Team Leader for resolution.
What you bring
• Previous experience in a customer-facing role, sales, or call center environment preferred
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to work evening shifts (as well as between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday through Friday)
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• B.A./B.S. degree or related work experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• PC keyboarding and navigation skills between various programs and systems are required
• Attendance and punctuality are essential for this position
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
• A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
• Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
• Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
• Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
• Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
• Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
• Paid holidays and paid time off.
• Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more.
• Flexible spending accounts.
• Relocation assistance (if applicable).
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10 different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of Diversity Inc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com