PPD Senior Medical Director in Athens, Greece
PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Due to continued growth, PPD is now looking to appoint a Senior Medical Director, to join our international team of Medical Directors. This role can be office-based or home based in any EMEA country.
• Provide leadership and business direction within the department
• Direct-line manager of Associate Med Dir and Medical Directors based in EMEA /- Americas
• Medical oversight of the Therapeutic Area(s) medical monitor group physicians within the Pharmacovigilance Department
• Medical lead (POC/POE) for Strategic Partnerships
Medical management of SAEs and medical oversight of clinical trials to ensure company SOPs, sponsor directives, and regulatory requirements are followed. Performs medical review of clinical study reports, attending and presenting at investigator and sponsor meetings, providing medical consultation to sponsors and project team members for clinical trial activities including timeframe business development through marketing application. May have responsibility for direct staff management for assigned physicians in the PVG department.
*Education and Experience: *
• MD or equivalent 3 years of pharmaceutical industry experience 2 years medical affairs/pharmacovigilance/ SAE review experience
• Or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Mastery of basic medical management tasks such as SAE review, lab review, protocol inquiries and listing review
• Ability to effectively mentor others
• Strong medical knowledge and analytical skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Ability to work independently, analyze and work with attention to detail, process and prioritize sensitive complex information, and problem solve
• Ability to exercise creativity and judgment.
• Expert knowledge of regulatory guidelines for adverse event reporting for serious/unexpected events.
• Expert knowledge of Federal Guidelines and GCPs, including ICH/regional regulatory safety reporting requirements.
• Familiar with guidelines for IND and NDA submissions and international guidelines for conduct of clinical studies
• Working knowledge of biostatistics, data management, and clinical operations' procedures.
• Expert knowledge of the drug development process.
• Ability to effectively manage resources and budgets
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Job: *Medical Directors
Organization: *BG BU
Title: Senior Medical Director
Location: Europe, Middle East %26 Africa
Requisition ID: 191057
Other Locations: HR-HR-Zagreb, BG-BG-Sofia, NL-NL-Bennekom, GR-GR-Athens, RS-RS-Belgrade, PL-PL-Warsaw, CZ-CZ-Prague, HU-HU-Budapest, IT-IT-Segrate (MI), RO-RO-Bucharest, GB-GB-Cambridge, ES-ES-Madrid, BE-BE-Brussels
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs