Lumen Senior Program Operations Manager-Federal - Herndon, VA in ARLINGTON, Virginia
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Sr Program Operations Manager provides overall management and guidance for multiple programs. In this position you will serve as a direct report to the Federal Programs Sr Director within the Strategic Government Program Management Office.
The Main Responsibilities
• Support multiple classified and unclassified contracts (project plans, schedules, budgets).
• Successful implementation and expansion over the contract(s) life cycle.
• Work with cross-functional sales and non-sales teams.
• Assess and mitigate operational risks and issues.
• Develop and maintains customer required methodologies, procedures, metrics and systems to produce reports to measure program success.
• Oversee the selection, implementation, operation, and maintenance of proper equipment to satisfy the Government’s technical requirements.
• Manage ongoing external and internal relationships and generate new strategic opportunities and scope expansion on the assigned contract(s).
• Direct development and implementation of processes and procedures to ensure programs operate efficiently; address problems and deficiencies swiftly.
• Manage complex spend plans and ensure program aspects are operating within established budgets.
• Develop and conduct contract negotiation strategy.
• Successful implementation and turn-up of customer network solutions.
• Direct interface to the customer and Lumen senior leadership on service related issues.
• Manage required escalations to address customer service delivery issues.
• Lead regular meetings between cross-functional business teams to review new program requests (intake), assess business purpose and benefits and ultimately determine overall business priority.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Excellent communication (concise, persuasive, analytical) and problem-solving skills required
• Understand communications products and services, Government contracting and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contracting terms and conditions compliance
• Experience with full life-cycle support of communications network and technology
• Proven expertise in management and control of funds and resources, and the demonstrated ability to manage multiple, dynamic tasks
• Knowledge of network technologies and industry trends for the future
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Project and PowerPoint
• CLEARANCE: TS
• US Citizenship Required
• Some local travel required
Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related disciplines or 7-10 years equivalent work experience
• 5 - 7 years’ experience in Program management
• Project Management Professional (PMP) desired
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation desired
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 242453
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs