Black & Veatch Senior Mechanical HVAC / Plumbing Engineer - Federal in Arlington, Virginia
Senior Mechanical HVAC / Plumbing Engineer - Federal
Date: Nov 23, 2021
Arlington, VA, US, 22209
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : B&V Special Projects Corp.
Req Id : 47141
Job Title : Senior Mechanical HVAC / Plumbing Engineer - Federal
Location : RGARLINGTN
Business Unit Sector : SPC-GOV-FEDERAL SE
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Black & Veatch is seeking a Mechanical HVAC / Plumbing Engineer to provide design for a variety of buildings in the Federal market sector. This position is for an experienced design engineer with a background in HVAC, piping, and plumbing design. Building types include administration/office buildings, battery storage, server rooms, manufacturing, warehouses as well as maintenance facilities. The candidate should have leadership experience, good communication skills and ability to work with a group of experienced professionals. The candidate will be responsible for executing and reviewing mechanical designs for new and existing facilities, independently or as a member of a team, including drawings, specifications, and submittal reviews.
• Ensuring project compliance with applicable codes and standards.
• Manage mechanical team’s scope, schedule, budget and quality on assigned projects to ensure
• Assists in the production of HVAC and plumbing system deliverables (Specifications, drawings, calculations, and basis of design documents) for new buildings as well as for renovation and additions to existing facilities
• Create and maintain project schedules for small to mid-size projects.
• Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments for accuracy, clarity and coordination
• Actively coordinates with other disciplines, client, and contractor on projects
• Actively mentors / shares knowledge with other staff members
• Assists in performing or performs energy modeling and life cycle cost analysis on assigned projects
• Ability to balance multiple complex projects at one time
• Ability to create 2D drawings (such as P&IDS, control diagrams, and notes) in REVIT
• Able to present in front of large groups that include clients, peers, contractors, and end user groups.
• Ability to travel for meetings and / or site observation
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering from an accredited program.
• Minimum of 5 years related work experience
• Knowledge of building mechanical codes and ability to perform accurate load calculations
• Strong HVAC / Plumbing design capability in industrial, commercial, central plants, boilers, chillers and other related markets
• Knowledgeable in sustainable design
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• US citizen
• Must be able to complete the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred design experience related to any of the following subject matters:
• Federal industry experience
• European, General MILCON, or Civil Works project experience
• CFD modeling
• Building Controls Systems Design/ Building Automation
Certifications: Not required but preferred
• Professional Engineer License
• LEED AP or other Sustainability
• Security Clearance or ability to get one
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical Office environment. Physical Demands: Sitting, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, driving, seeing, writing, reaching, stooping, crouching, walking, standing for extended periods of time.
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers and array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with life insuranceand a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer paid vacation and holiday time after the eligibility period has been met.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company matched 401k plan, vendor discounts, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan, identity theft and credit monitoring services,and the B&V Credit Union.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
In accordance with Colorado state law, the following Annualcompensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: -
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Architectural Engineering, Design Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs