Texas Health Resources Data Integration Engineer II in Arlington, Texas
Data Integration Engineer II – GREAT BENEFITS
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Data Integration Engineers like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Arlington, TX
Work environment: Data Warehouse
Work hours: Full-Time, 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Remote position – 4 days per week
Salary range: $36.78 - $63.09 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Resources (THR) is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion, and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic, and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
• 3 Years Working as a Data Integration Engineer or Data Integration Production Support required.
• Business Administration, Information Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant field with a Bachelor's degree Required.
• Business Administration, Information Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant field with a Masters Degree preferred. Preferred
• Experience working in a healthcare or related field.
• Proficient using Infosphere/DataStage highly preferred
• Proficient with interviewing and gathering business requirements, definition and design of data source and data flows, data quality analysis, and working with the data architect on the development of logical data models
• Proficient using Infosphere/Datastage or equivalent ETL software.
• Proficient with relational databases and using SQL to query, create tables, views, indexes, joins.
• Proficient using Unix and applicable scripting/scheduling tools.
• Experience with the SDLC, ITSM and privacy and security concepts.
• Able to take on multiple projects concurrently and manage changes in scope along the way.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with focus on concise, cohesive, critical HRO focused communication with vendors, business users, and executives.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplined project teams to consistent rapid delivery while driving an aggressive schedule, identifying all impacts, and proposing resolutions.
Position Responsibilities THR Data Integration Engineer II’s are responsible for the design, development, and support of data integration solutions. Partners with internal business units, analysts, vendors, and key stakeholders to understand their information requirements to independently design, develop and implement data integration solutions that support our platforms resiliency, stability, and supportability; using a variety of ETL and database technologies. Their work will support business decisions and could span across multiple areas such as consumer experience, clinical quality, hospital operations,
supply chain, finance, etc.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Data Integration Engineer II will:
• Datastage, SQL, FastTrack, or other technologies. Rapidly develop and refine data integration solutions using Infosphere Datastage, SQL, FastTrack, or other technologies.
• Works with business sponsors, SMES and application teams; to understand the business requirements; analyze and assess availability, quality, and lineage of source system data.
• Design, map data from source to target and develop data integration solutions that meet business needs. Develop and socialize data integration standards. Partners with other engineers through design reviews, providing feedback on feasibility, scalability, performance, and adherence to standards.
• Partners with business, analysts, BI team, application teams and other stakeholders to design, map data from source to target, develop, test, and implement production data integration solutions that are fully integrated into the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Ensuring model design solves the end users need.
• Support production Data Warehouse applications and utilize tools to proactively manage source system changes, optimize applications and ensure availability, accuracy, security, and acceptable performance. Contributes information to the data governance software to improve knowledge downstream.
• Comply with THR information security and privacy policies, ITSM processes and Data Integration development and design standards and best practices. Work with business to ensure standards and best practices are meeting the business needs.
• Follow data governance requirements and documentation including but not limited to business definitions, technical definition, and may function as data SME. Builds interrelationships among partners and customers and analysts who have similar information needs and manages those relationships to assure effective solutions. Function as a SME for the business and analysts on technical questions and capabilities. Able to fully comprehend and concisely articulate the overall system functions.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Data Integration Engineer II you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a THR Data Integration Engineer II
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs