COMMUNITY STATE BANK President in Ankeny, Iowa
If you have a passion for building relationships and a relentless desire to do the right thing for your co-workers, customers and community, you may be the perfect fit for our Community State Bank team. CSB hires people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We offer amazing opportunities for career progression and we'll work with you to explore your career path and goals. We invest in our employees and your family by providing a 401k, employee stock purchase plan, health/dental/vision insurance, educational reimbursement, volunteer opportunities in the community and a full range of additional benefits.
Community State Bank is a well-established institution providing full-service commercial and consumer banking services to the Des Moines, Iowa area and adjacent communities through its nine offices across Central Iowa.
The President oversees the activities of bank management and provides overall leadership.
Works closely with the CEO on the following:
- Establishes and monitors objectives, plans, and policies for the Bank
- Regulatory activities as assigned
- Maintains strong contact with civic organizations, regulators, borrowers, and depositors
- Cooperates with federal examiners in their reviews and examinations
- Engaged participant in the meetings of the Bank's Board of Directors
- Actively participates in budgeting and strategic planning process
- Involved in the day-to-day management of the Bank, working with the CEO for focus
- Manages Retail, Private Banking, and Funds Management for the Bank
- Member of Executive Management Team, Management ALM, and Loan Committee
- Works closely with the bank controller to ensure that budget objectives are met and managed
- Oversight of building management and maintenance
- Emphasizes maintenance of a healthy culture throughout the organization
Education and Past Experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience in financial institution and branch administration, mortgage and consumer lending, or finance and marketing or related field.
- Extensive administrative or professional experience in the banking or related field that provides the background and experience necessary to govern the institution's activities in a financially safe and sound manner.
- Strong analytical and business judgment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Significant people management experience including executive management (managing managers).
- History of community involvement in key roles on boards.
- From a Midwest community as large as Des Moines or larger.
- History of driving strategy and taking initiatives to a successful outcome.
- Worked in company with at least 150 employees; if from a bank, must be at least $2 billion in assets.
- Worked in an industry that has experienced disruption.
- Worked in a profitable company.
- Has the ability to overcome a big challenge.
- From a company that experienced growth.
- Could potentially be someone who was a managing partner of a CPA firm or owned or managed an insurance agency.
What Success Looks Like
- Be an active member on nonprofit boards.
- Maintain the current culture with desire for continual improvement.
- Take over management of the organization from a people's perspective.
- Be able to manage managers but in no way be a micro manager.
- Be a leader by bringing new ideas and plans to improve the Banks performance through the development of people.
- Inform employees of change and be transparent.
- Understand the financials of the business and collaborate with others when corrective action is needed.
- Have an open door to all employees.
- Create relationships in the community and develop new business opportunities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.