Corning Incorporated Regional Quality Engineer (EMEA) in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Regional Quality Engineer (EMEA)
Date: May 24, 2023
Location: Amsterdam, NL, 1060LJ
1. Purpose of Position
• Support quality complaint resolution for CLS business in the EMEA Region (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) with a focus on improving Key Account customer satisfaction.
• Collaborates with Commercial, Business Operations, Plant Quality and Technical teams, Division Engineering, and external customers, suppliers, and contract manufacturers.
• Support EMEA Business Quality and Regulatory Lead to lead improvement initiatives related to processes, systems, and product/service quality measures.
2. Key Responsibilities
• Responsible for being aware of division quality initatives and procedures.
• Responsbile for woking with plant quality function as a liason with EMEA commercial and business operations organization, by identifying and implementing effective communication processes and feedback channels.
• Establish reporting tool and metrics to drive continuous improvement of customer complaints.
• Work with business team to identify and maintain Key Account list.
• Reponsbile for checking whether administration of customer complaints and monitoring of returns support the priorities of the EMEA region.
• Monitor complaint trends in EMEA, if necessary, need to escalated to regional business team for development of both short and long term corrective actions.
• Participates in cross- functional problem-solving projects related to customer complaint on products or processes within the plant.
• Prepares reports and provides feedback to plant and business team
• Understand products and provide quick response or corrdinate cross functionaly to provide quick response.
• Other tasks
• Gathering data and reporting the status of customer complaint in EMEA.
• Handle customer feedback for products sold in EMEA regardless of the origin of the manufacturing location.
• Visit customer on behalf of plant with business team
• Work with distribution centers to organize inspections for local inventory to meet customer requirement
3. Performance Metrics
• On-time compliant closure rate
• Complaint reduction achievement
• Closure of Quality Helpdesk tickets for EMEA region
• Report on time
• Meet the objectives of the Regions, Quality Function’s and Division’s Vital Few
• Meet or exceed specific department objectives and individual objectives
4. Required Education and Skill
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree
• Excellent oral/written English communication skills, presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to drive results within quality infrastructure
• Organized; ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities to meet demanding production schedules and dynamic shipment requirements of each plant.
• Flexibility; ability to work in a dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities.
• Tactical /analytical thinking.
• High sense of urgency.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (including Excel) with demonstrated versatility in learning, adapting to, and obtaining proficiency with a range of business software tools—may include PeopleSoft, SAP, Power BI, ETQ, and others
- Corning Incorporated Jobs