Champion Pet Foods Regional Sales Manager, West and Southern Europe in Amsterdam, Newfoundland
Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce we are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join our rapidly growing company.
Champion Petfoods is an award-winning pet food maker with a reputation of trust spanning 35+ years. Founded in a small town in Alberta, Canada, Champion – with its ORIJEN® and ACANA® brands – is a key player in the global premium pet food industry across three major geographic regions. Our purpose, To Earn Pet Lover Trust Every Day so Pets Thrive for a Lifetime, provides the foundation for our highest aspirations as a company.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success as an award-winning company.
The Regional Sales Manager, West & Southern Europe is responsible for establishing and maintaining trusted key account relationships with distributors and retail partners and supports the International Sales and Marketing strategy through development of regional budgets, marketing investments and performance tracking (ROI), assisting in hiring, training, and support of high-performing team principles.
The Regional Sales Manager works out of a home-based office and resides within France or The Netherlands; extensive travel is required. The position reports directly to the Director, Sales Europe.
• Establish and maintain trusting key account relationships with distributor and retail partners, especially within UK and France.
• 1st point of contact with distributor partners: collaborate with Marketing and follow through on annual marketing plans, local marketing implementation, ROI calculations
• Develop and measure Trade programs with distributors and retail partners
• Set up and execute key distributor meetings & events.
• Implement the organization’s merchandising and branding standards.
• Lead the region with inspired sales programming, sales presentations, and product development.
• Develop business plans for key retail accounts and distributors and meet or speak with each monthly.
• Develop and conduct quarterly and yearly business reviews with key distributor and retail partners.
• Consult with distributors, retailers, and industry sources and report product performance, competitor, and industry intelligence.
• Achieve sales quotas and targets and report on variances.
• In cooperation with the Director, Sales Europe, provide input into product development and business planning.
• Assess market potential and distributor capability.
• Assess and classify retail accounts according to their sales potential.
• Provide leadership in industry trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions.
• Promote awareness and compliance of corporate policies, practices, and procedures with regard to health and safety and environmental issues and ensure that the business activities of the sales force and contract employees demonstrate a level of professionalism that promotes the Company’s corporate culture and industry image.
• Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or a related field.
• Minimum five years’ sales experience in pet food or a related industry.
• Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base regarding product, competitors, customers, and market activities, and communicating this knowledge in business planning meetings.
• Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
• Results-oriented with demonstrated business skills related to goal setting, budgeting and reporting, and analytical abilities to assess and interpret results.
• Mathematical abilities to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, volumes, etc., and to manage abstract and concrete variables.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated sales professional, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Industry and product knowledge, honesty, integrity, and trust.
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to develop and sustain successful business relationships internally and externally.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and good listening skills, with ability to work successfully with diverse groups as well as independently.
• Fluent in English and local languages, both written and spoken. Fluent in French is an asset. Multiple languages a plus.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe products.
• Works out of a home-based office, with flexibility to travel at least 50% of the time; travelling allowances are provided, as per company policy.
• Extended hours of work, as necessary.
• Ability to conduct presentations and meetings.
Champion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.