Arbor Grove Assisted Living Caregiver - 2nd and 3rd Shift in Alma, Michigan
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for providing comfort, safety, and general supervision to residents by assisting them with activities of daily living, administering medications and tending to their individual care needs, while learning their unique preferences and personalities.
- Administer medications to residents according to physicians orders and document completion
- Review eMAR each shift to ensure timely administration of medications and treatments
- Review incoming medication physician orders for accuracy. Update eMAR accordingly
- Partner with residents to provide needed /requested assistance with activities of daily living as outlined in the residents' service plans
- Answer residents call lights, as well as door and safety alarm promptly
- Observe and report resident behavior and condition changes to Care Coordinator and Director or Resident Care
- Orde/re-order medications to ensure adequate supply is available
- Obtain residents weights and vitals as required
- Complete daily charting, documentation, and reporting as required
- Participate in or lead activities as planned by Life Enrichment. Assist and remind residents to participate in activities
- Clean and disinfect spills and soiled areas needed or directed
- Participate in training new employees as requested
- Assist with meal set up and clean up as needed or requested
- Remain awake and alert while on shift
- Promote positive relationships with residents, staff, and visitors
Perform any other duties as requested within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay starts at $13.25 per hour and we offer pay advancements up to $14.75 in the first 90 days!