Roush Enterprises Automotive Mechanic II in Allen Park, Michigan
At Roush, you are part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We currently have an immediate opening for an experienced Automotive Mechanic II for a PM shift 3:30PM - 1AM. We offer a clean work environment working with cutting-edge technology. Our wages are competitive and we offer first-class medical benefits, matching 401k, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and more!
The Automotive Mechanic II will modify cars and trucks in a prototype environment, performing a wide range of diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance. This role will perform independent project tasks and collaborate with customers and team members. *This position is located in Allen Park, MI. *
As an Automotive Mechanic II, you will:
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by working off repair orders or leader instructions and conducting inspections
- Repair mechanical and electrical system malfunctions and replace parts and components
- Read, interpret, and follow service procedures
- Maintain vehicle records by entering notes, service, and repair orders
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs
- Participate in daily shop organization and clean-up
To be considered an Automotive Mechanic II, you will need:
- Must be able to work the afternoon PM shift 3:30PM - 1AM
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience as a Mechanic
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly and ability to operate shop equipment
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Has own tools with rolling toolbox and be able to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute written procedures
A successful candidate may also have:
- Certificate in Automotive Technology or related
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification(s)
- State Mechanic Certification(s)
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of vehicle alignments, air conditioning (A/C) system repairs, tire machines and balancers
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer -- Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability,
please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at (734) 779-7087.