Perrigo Company Packaging Specialist Opportunity in Allegan or Holland, Michigan
Packaging Specialists are at the forefront of Perrigo's mission "To make lives better by bringing Quality Affordable Self-Care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold." The Packaging Specialist is an entry-level position where you will work on an assembly line packaging over the counter ("OTC") pharmaceuticals Our environment is dynamic, and we look for the same in new team members. You'll be successful at Perrigo if you are independent, self-motivated, exhibit a high level of attention to detail and pride yourself in doing what's right even when no one is looking. Perrigo has high standards for providing a safe work environment and the willingness to work safely and follow established safety protocols is required. If you are looking to start a rewarding career with a great company, Packaging is the place to begin!
What you can expect:
Specialists carry out various operations using specialized equipment to produce a wide range of high-quality pharmaceutical products. Packaging Specialists must adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices, thus accuracy and attention to detail are critical in this role. A strong mechanical aptitude is also required, as Specialists may disassemble, clean, sanitize, and reassemble their own equipment. The available shifts for these opportunities vary but will be one of the following: second or third shift or *12-hour PM (nights) rotations. *Position details and candidate availability for each shift will be discussed during a phone interview with Talent Acquisition.
- Follow written instructions contained in Standard Operating Procedures, manufacturing orders, cleaning checklists and other controlled documents in accordance with cGMP regulations.
- Physically move bulk materials utilizing various forms of pallet jacks. Basic material handling and departmental utility tasks may also be assigned.
- Operate computer-controlled equipment utilizing a screen-based Operator Interface Terminal (OIT).
- Execute in-process attribute testing and visual inspections.
- Evaluate test results against prescribed parameters to determine if tested product is within specification.
- Accurately, repeatedly and contemporaneously documente GMP data on equipment logs, batch records and cleaning checklists.
- Execute equipment and line cleaning tasks utilizing manual and automated processes and prescribed cleaning checklists.
- Perform minor equipment servicing activities including disassembly, reassembly and set-up.
- A High School diploma (or G.E.D.).
- Basic math and English communication skills, legible penmanship, and a high level of reading comprehension.
- A working knowledge of computers.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and be available for overtime when necessary.
- Available for training on various shifts.
- Must have the ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- All Specialists must be able to stand for approximately 85% of their total shift.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include eye protection, hearing protection, half-face and/or Powered Air Purifying Respirators, protective clothing and fall restraint harnesses will be provided if required.
- Excellent attendance record and work history.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is highly preferred.
*Other qualities: *
Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math, reading and writing in English