Applied Computing Technologies Inc Technical Writer in Alexandria, Virginia
Location: Hybrid telework/customer locations DC/Alexandria
- Writing/editing tasks for client requirements, software development end user test scripts, specifications, reports, studies, letters, briefings, manuals, and other activities
- Writing and translating technical content into user documentation for financial management systems supporting the Planning, Programming and Budgeting Execution processes
- Requires an understanding of the applicable technical subject matter, an understanding of any governing regulations and specifications, and the ability to document and present technical subject matter in clear, concise, and accurately written format
- Requires an ability to work with technical specialists and applicable functional managers. Reviews, analyzes, edits, and updates written technical material developed by others
- Support Authority to Operate (ATO) documentation leveraging experience with IT System Security Plan (SSP) controls and/or procedures and policies
Minimum Experience, Education and Certification:
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years experience in technical research and writing
- Requires advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite of tools
- Bachelors Degree or comparable experience
- Requires understanding of and experience with the Planning, Programming and Budgeting Execution process for DHS
- Requires knowledge and experience with financial management systems
- Requires familiarity with:
- Joint Requirements and Integration and Management System;
- Acquisition Management;
- Information Technology Portfolio Management;
- Capital Planning and Investment Control;
- Performance Management Framework
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with project stakeholders, technical engineers and end-users, Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 95% of the time.
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead waist level from floor), bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequently fast paced environment.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in managements sole discretion.