Cano Health Medical Assistant in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Cano Health fosters a culture driven by providing superior primary care services in the communities we serve, while forming lifelong bonds with our members. Driven by our mission to improve the health, wellness, and quality of life of our patients, Cano Health continues to work towards making a difference in primary healthcare.
At Cano Health, our service focused, patient-centered, and proactive approach to care succeeds because of the commitment, hearts, and minds of our people. Our values and guiding principles provide purpose to create meaningful change in the lives of our patients, with a leadership approach that empowers our people to directly contribute to the success of our health and wellness efforts. The Cano Movement is proof of what people with a passion for healthcare can accomplish.
Join the Cano Movement! The movement that doesn’t just offer a job, it offers an opportunity to serve and grow with purpose. At Cano Health, you can join a collaborative team dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in health and wellness.
Cano Health offers competitive salaries, medical, dental & vision insurance, employee mental health program, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and much more.
The Medical Assistant performs a variety of clinical and clerical tasks in an outpatient examining room setting under the direction of a registered nurse and/or physician. Prepares treatment rooms, inventory supplies and instruments, and sets up patient for attention of physician. Provides basic medical care to patients in a clinical setting.
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
• Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests/vitals; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary. Draws blood if necessary.
• Provide support and assistance as needed regarding patient care such as; transfers/mobility, activities of daily living including but not excluding assistance with hygiene and toileting while patient is at the medical center.
• Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Assist Quality department with tracking patient gaps to ensure HEDIS standards are meet.
• Medical Assistant need to be able to perform a variety procedure in daily basis such as:
o IM / SC injections.
o Blood Venipuncture
o Medical assistant must be able to manage a variety of machines used on centers such as and no limited to:
o Fingerstick glucose test, Urine dipstick test, Eye exams, Rapid strep, Spirometry, PT/INR test, EKG exam, Nebulizer Treatment.
• Assist Physicians with: Ear lavage, wound care, pap smears.
• Medical Assistant Diploma and/or obtained from an accredited provider is a plus.
• CPR or BLS for the Healthcare Provider certificate issued by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• A High School Diploma or equivalent experience is required
• At least two (2) years of experience as a, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist or in additional areas of patient health care in a clinical setting.
Cano Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Requisition ID: 2023-6811
External Company URL: canohealth.com
Street: 6211 4th Street Northwest