GCOM Software LLC HBITS-05-13272 in Albany, New York
Full Time HBITS-05-13272
GCOM develops technology that helps state and local governments improve outcomes for the people they serve.
For example, our technology:
- Ensures that mothers can buy healthy food for their children through the WIC program
- Helps first responders decrease opioid overdoses in their neighborhoods
- Tracks trends in human trafficking so local law enforcement can identify traffickers and better support victims
- Gives teachers the insights they need to spot students who need extra support
- Helps state tax agencies process returns 99% faster so taxpayers get their refunds right away
We're more than a technology company -- we're an outcomes company.
We encourage our employees to think differently, ask tough questions, and relentlessly pursue what's best for our customers and the residents they serve.
We believe that the value of technology is defined by its human impact. If you agree, you've come to the right place.
GCOM is looking for candidates, to fill a role of Expert Systems Architectto join our NYS Department of Transportation Team located in Albany, NY.
Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Architect technology solutions/systems that meet or exceed Agency business requirements aligning with NYS ITS Technical and Security Service standards and strategies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve OS configuration, Stealth COI's, storage and networking of Agency Commercial - off - the - shelf (COTS) business applications.
- Work with COTS Vendors and Agency business areas for COTS installation, configuration and testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Commercial - off - the - shelf business software (COTS) including performance tuning, log analysis and security.
- Review the systems architecture currently in place and provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Research solutions and collaborate with COTS External Vendors and Agency Business Areas for COTS Application implementation including installation, configuration and testing.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other ITS Business Application Services team members;
- Provide L3 Operational/Technical support for an enterprise-level distributed environment including Stealth COIs and storage and networking of Agency/business COTS business applications.
- Analyze implemented systems and identify problems, evaluate data and defined problems, document data on COTS including performance tuning, log analysis and security
- Script repetitive management tasks using PowerShell, WMI and other scripting languages.
- Use a ticketing system to track and manage incidents, service requests, problems, changes, and release/deployment.
84+ months: Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience working with agencies/business areas to understand business requirements to translate to technical and security infrastructure requirements resulting in architecture design documentation covering data flows; interfaces with other systems; authentication; etc.
- 60 months experience designing, solutioning, documenting, configuring and implementing enterprise system architecture for On-Prem, Cloud and Hybrid environments in support of both Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) business applications and various enterprise systems.
- 60 months experience as a Server Administrator at the Application Layer to perform Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) business application installation, configuration, troubleshooting (with or without Vendor), including L3 Operational/Technical support of such solutions on Windows OS platforms, IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic, and Certificate Services.
- 60 months experience performing L3 Analytical and Technical support of COTS / business application interfaces & system interconnects (Networks, Stealth firewall software, F5 and Load Balancing) implemented on converged/mixed environments to diagnose and resolve connectivity issues.
- 48 months experience configuring, integrating and troubleshooting Authentication services with technologies like Active Directory, SSO with SAML v2.0, and OpenID Connect for various On-Prem, SaaS or Cloud systems.
- 48 months experience deprecating, remediating, migrating, replatforming, and solutioning legacy systems in support of modernization and vulnerability remediation efforts including technical planning with consideration for data and integration requirements.
- 36 months experience with scripting, automation, and system integration using technologies like PowerShell, WMI, Akana, REST APIs, GIT, Azure DevOps and various other technologies to automate and administer application maintenance.
- 36 months experience working in an Agile project management environment using technologies like Azure DevOps, JIRA, ServiceNow and methodologies like Scrum and Kanban to execute on technical deliverables.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions. This includes, but is not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and geographic location. At GCOM, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current hourly range is $54.00 to $64.00.
If you think you are a good fit for us, we encourage you to apply. Check out our career website for all open positions!
GCOM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status or domestic violence victim status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment and hiring, job assignment/placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, rates of pay or other compensation, internship, and training.
Minimum Salary: 54.00 Maximum Salary: 64.00 Salary Unit: Hourly