Xylem Customer Support Supervisor - Hybrid in Albany, New York
We’re Hiring a Customer Support Supervisor!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
- Heavy travel for the first 4 - 6 months to our Charlotte, NC facility. Monthly travel will be required to Charlotte thereafter.
THE ROLE: The Customer Support Supervisor will be responsible for The Customer Support Supervisor will work with and coach a customer service team to provide legendary technical and commercial support to a U.S. based distribution customer network. In this role, the incumbent will also include partnering with national sales & operations teams to drive revenue; enhance and implement standard work policies & processes; and act upon Voice of Customer based improvement opportunities & team performance needs. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Provide leadership, training, and direct supervision for designated Customer Service personnel in the performance of their key functions.
• Regularly partner with sales and operational management in designated territory to ensure the virtual group is cohesive, inclusive, and collaborative to accomplish company objectives.
• Establish and monitor key customer satisfaction and performance metrics, implement corrective actions to address variances, and communicate results.
• Evaluate, develop, and implement necessary departmental processes, documentation, and training programs.
• Engage in program development related to improving the customer experience and/or department efficiencies.
• Participate in hiring, regular performance assessments, coaching for talent development, discipline input, etc.
• Drive or coordinate team special project assignments.
• Facilitate or perform backup coverage within specific teams and across other teams of similar function.
• Ensure compliance with all established personnel policies and procedures.
• Track work volume to ensure proper staffing levels to achieve customer service goals.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs.
• Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of supervisory experience
• Legendary customer service skills; an unwavering passion for taking care of the customer.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel to meet business objectives.
• Ability to manage people across multiple locations virtually.
• Ability to coach; provide and receive feedback; comfortable with two-way dialogue.
• Strong collaborative and respectful people leadership and business acumen
• Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base in a matrixed organization.
• Excellent analytical, influential, and reasoning behaviors
• Ability to develop and implement new processes.
• Proficient in developing and monitoring metrics, comfortable with quantitative management practices.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience with Salesforce.com, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Select Configure Price Quote (SCPQ), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools.
• Continuous improvement, lean practices, value stream mapping and waste elimination experience. • Track work volume to ensure proper staffing levels to achieve customer service goals.
• Participate in new initiatives as requested.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment requires you to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility. Work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements. The standard weekly job is 40 hours.
Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience, and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the
- Xylem Jobs