Veritas Cloud Operations Security Manager in Albany, New York
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Cloud Operations Security Manager will be responsible for managing a multi-cloud (Azure, 365, AWS, GCP) Security Configuration and Monitoring Team. This will be a multiple member team responsible for providing visibility and control of cloud infrastructure security risks.
We are open to remote USA candidates for this opportunity
Need to be proficient in the following areas in order to succeed:
- Must have excellent skills and knowledge and hands on experience in Azure, 365 and AWS platforms and controls to affect a cohesive security monitoring strategy.
- Experience with Prisma Cloud Security and Compliance, Splunk and Qualys security products.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 monitoring tools to include MCAS, PAM, Admin Console and log security reporting.
- Interpersonal Skills to manage workflows between Engineering teams and Security, build team processes and procedures and furnish metrics on team performance.
What you will be doing:
- You will be working with Engineering and Product Teams in AWS, Azure and GCL environments to detect and analyze security anomalies, reference and to track and remediate configuration drifts affecting overall security posture. Work with leading tools such as Prisma, Splunk and Qualys to reduce security threats to platform instances, systems and networks security.
- Manage network and open port requests between Engineering and Network teams with standardized processes and working within SLA agreements.
Accountable for planning, documenting and measuring team processes setting work schedules and performance metrics to guide your teams success.
- Work closely with IT Security Engineering and Architecture team to implement security solutions in a multiple cloud environment.
- Candidate must have 8+ years working or managing in a cloud security environment
- College degree BS/MS in Computer Science preferred
- Strong in operationalprocesses.
- Strong experience in any of the public clouds – Azure and AWS are primary
- Experience managing service-oriented teams providing security services, monitoring and guidance.
- Experience with Prisma Cloud Services or similar applications.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk and Qualys.
- Experience with 365 Azure monitoring tools.
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .
- Veritas Jobs