Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center Certified Medical Assistant-White Sands Women's Health - FT - 416007 in Alamogordo, New Mexico
Provide patient care and assistance to physician. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Assist Doctor with patients.
• Demonstrate knowledge in a medical office.
• Anticipate doctor’s needs for each patient based upon patient complaints and treatment plan/guidelines.
• Verify that patient results, x-rays, labs and procedure reports are in patient charts prior to seeing doctor.
• Gather patient’s vitals and complaints, document in patient medical record.
• Chart accurately and legibly to include lab results.
• Facilitate physician and patient communications.
• Complete lab requisition forms and assure that specimens are sent to correct labs per patient insurance contract.
• Maintain and monitor exam room and procedure room supplies and instruments.
• Clean and sterilize instruments in accordance to OSHA Regulations. Clean autoclave as required.
• Complete clinical portions of chart preparation.
• Schedule surgery and give patient appropriate instructions prior to surgery and refer to Front Office Coordinator or
Office Manager for insurance authorization.
• Provide backup surgery scheduling.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Certification: Current American Heart – Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Nationally recognized certification as a medical assistant. (If the candidate is not certified at time of interview and has significant relevant experience, the candidate may be selected if and only if they agree to complete the certification process within six (6) months of employment. Must be explained and candidates signature to job description indicates an understanding that the position is contingent on successfully passing the certification examination within the first six (6) months of employment).
• Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
External Company Name: Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
External Company URL: http://www.gcrmc.org/