Cargill Reliability Engineer in Akron, Ohio
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Reliability Engineer will apply technical knowledge to deliver continuous improvement in process and asset reliability through the detection and elimination of defects. In this role, you will partner with the team to ensure the fulfillment of reliability engineering strategies.
• Implement reliability excellence activities, identifying and prioritizing reliability engineering value creation opportunities.
• Execute the development, design and installation of predictive maintenance program and technology in alignment with the area procedures.
• Prepare technical reviews of projects and collaborate with related areas on new equipment reliability specifications.
• Perform the identification and elimination of bad actors and the optimization of equipment availability.
• Collaborate with, and provide guidance to, maintenance repairs and production in reliability related processes and the identification of critical spares.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in production, maintenance, or project management.
• Experience with belt, drag, and screw conveyors, packaging lines, dryers, fans, palletizers, AND/OR mobile equipment.
• Training and knowledge of management of proactive maintenance model.
• One year Computer Management Maintenance System experience
• Microsoft Office experience.
• One year of experience in implementing and utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis and Failure Modes & Effect Analysis
• Willing and able to work above heights and in a mine environment
• Solid knowledge in the application of reliability tools
• Knowledge in maintenance process management
• Project management experience
• Experience creating complex tests and analysis
• Predictive maintenance technologies experience
• Experience utilizing SAP
• Knowledge of predictive technologies (vibration, infrared, ultrasound, machinery lubrication).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs